Our dentists suggested that you have a dental restoration placed. In many offices, this would mean that a traditional mold or impression would be taken. If you have ever had one of these impressions before, you know that they can be uncomfortable, goopy, and messy. Some patients even gag when a traditional impression is taken. At Barton Oaks Dental Group, we utilize a state-of-the-art digital scanner to ensure our patients’ comfort. This scanner allows us to take digital impressions of the teeth.
Some of the many benefits of digital impressions include:
– No messy, uncomfortable “goop.”
– Increased patient comfort.
– They can be used to create dental restorations, like bridges and crowns, as well as orthodontic aligners like Invisalign®.
– If you ever feel uneasy, the scanner can be quickly taken out of your mouth. We can easily start and stop the scanning process if needed.
– Digital impressions take much less time than traditional molds, so your appointment can be more efficient.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about digital impressions in Austin, Texas, and to set up your next visit. Our dentists and team are thrilled to serve you and your smile!