If you have missing teeth, then you may want to restore them with a dental bridge. There are several different options available where dental bridges are concerned because each is designed to fulfill different needs. Here are some of the different dental bridges:
- Traditional Bridge: Also called a fixed partial denture, this bridge consists of two dental crowns with an artificial tooth in between called a pontic. The crowns will attach over the natural teeth neighboring a gap, which are called abutment teeth.
- Cantilever Bridge: This is used if there is only one abutment tooth, and it has one crown attached to the pontic.
- Maryland Bonded Bridge: This type does not use dental crowns, but instead has framework attached to the pontic which we bond to the abutment teeth.
- Removable Bridge: While most bridges are cemented to your remaining teeth, this type can be removed from the mouth for easy cleaning.
- Implant Bridge: If three teeth are missing in a row, then two implants can be placed to act as abutment teeth for the bridge to attach over.
Please call our dentist at Barton Oaks Dental Group today if you want to replace your missing teeth with a dental bridge. We will discuss your options and restore the beauty and structure of your smile.