Keeping your smile clean as a teen begins with taking care your smile by avoiding bad habits and peer pressure situations. Here are a few tips about caring for your teenage smile:
– As a teen, one of the most common oral accidents occurs due to partaking in contact sports while not wearing the proper safety equipment.
– As a teen, the wisdom teeth grow in, which frequently causes decay, infection, and malocclusions when they are growing in.
– Smoking is a genuine issue that often first manifests during the teen years. Smoking should be sidestepped as it can lead to severe tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– The use of drugs can have devastating effects on the health of a teen, including their oral health.
– Countless health risks related to mouth jewelry, a popular teen habit, include infections, disease, chipped and fractured teeth, and serious choking hazards.
If you are looking for oral healthcare treatments for teens in Austin, Texas, Barton Oaks Dental Group would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Joseph Neeley by calling our dentist office at 512-327-6947. We look forward to your visit.