Did you know that tooth extractions require moderate planning ahead? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any hazards that can arise. Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to ensure the peak chance of success and to minimize any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some common treatment procedures for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all types of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a chance to rebuild.
– Take any medications precisely as prescribed by your dentist and should any pain persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Swelling is standard in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– If any hazards should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Normally, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking difficult, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– Listen to the instructions laid out by your dentist and use them as instructed.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Barton Oaks Dental Group. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Joseph Neeley and our team at our dentist office in Austin, Texas, please call us at 512-327-6947. The smile of your dreams is only a visit away!